Wednesday 13 May 2015

DIY French Manicure



I don't know if I am the only one who things that French manicure is hard to do. I've tried striping
tape and special tapes for French manicure but they never work well and the special French manicure
tapes peel away the polish I have on the bottom.

Now I have finally found a good French manicure routine and I thought I would share it with you
guys! I don't know if this is a common way to achieve French manicure but I have seen just a couple
of videos where they have used this technique. Enjoy!


Here's what you need:


Nail polish remover, a bottle cap (or something else where you can pour some polish remover),
white nail polish, base- and top coat, translucent nail polish and nail art brush

I had an old French manicure tip duo and I used the side with opaque white polish. My base coat
and translucent polish are from an old French manicure kit. I got it as a gift so I don't know where
it is from! And as you can see, my base coat is OPI.


I started with applying base coat on HALF of my nail. You can do your whole nail but it isn't necessary. You just need it under the tips!


I used my French manicure tip duo and added white nail polish. As you can see, it doesn't need to
be neat if you have nail polish remover and a brush!


Pour some nail polish remover into the bottle cap or something else that you have chosen.
I couldn't really get pictures of this part but you basically just start removing the white nail polish
until you have the tip you want. Horizontal strokes are the best and I also "pushed" the nail polish
when I was close to having the perfect tip. And also, this phase is best to do when your white nail
polish is still wet.


Here are my nails after making the tips. Some of the tips were still quite transparent so I added another
layer of white polish. If you can't get it perfectly inside the borders you can just clean it with your
brush again.


Here are my nails after the second layer. It doesn't need to be perfect because we are still adding nail
polish on it which smoothens out the surface!


I added the translucent nail polish. This is the reason it needs to be translucent with this tutorial:
you don't want it to cover the tips of your nails or to change their color. 

Now, if you want to stick with classical French manicure just add a layer of top coat and you are good to go! I wanted to add something still because I get bored of simple nails (and also not so simple)
even if they look gorgeous.


I used a detail brush and dotting tool to create the lines and dots.

OPI Black Onyx
IsaDora, 757 Scuba Blue
Easy Paris cosmetics, 035


I hope you liked these nails and hopefully this post helped someone struggling with French manicure! :)




No comments :

Post a Comment